As smart home becomes a reality in homeowners’ life today, smart devices based on Wi-Fi technology has been widely used in our home. Last few years, more and more homeowners have moved from a position of WiFi-centered smart home to a world with ZigBee wireless technology. ZigBee, as a low-power wireless technology, replenishes Wi-Fi technology to provide one more possibility to further improve and extend smart home market.
Superior to WiFi-centered smart home, ZigBee allows you to build a smarter safer and energy-saving home. Most importantly ZigBee smart devices can keep communication with Wi-Fi smart devices by ZigBee hub. SONOFF is here to guide you to approach to a ZigBee home automation solution that is to make Wi-Fi and ZigBee smart devices interact.
Here, there is an introduction about how to build a smart home with SONOFF ZigBee devices. This will include 2 smart scene:
- When SNZB-03 detects the movement, SONOFF led bulb is turned on.
- Launch eWeLink app, go to “Scene” and “Add”. Tap “Add” in “If this triggers action”, select “Smart Device” and then “Zigbee motion sensor”. Select “Motion detected” and save.
- Go on tapping “Save”. Tap “Add” in “Then that actions” action, select “Smart Device” and then “Zigbee motion sensor”. Select “ON” and then “Save”.
- Then you can name the scene. Now the scene has been created successfully.
- When no motion is detected by SNZB-03, SONOFF led bulb is turned off.
Follow the above steps for “When SNZB-03 detects the movement, SONOFF led bulb is turned on.” to set up. Kindly note that you can set a schedule for it to make SNZB-03 to TRIGGER the led bulb OFF after the preset time.