High Performance Miniature SDR Dongle for All !
Airspy Mini builds on top of the successful Airspy R2 architecture to offer an affordable high performance receiver for the VHF and UHF bands. The coverage can be extended to the HF bands via the SpyVerter up-converter companion.
This new addition to the Airspy family is 100% compatible with all the existing software including the de facto scanning standard SDR#, but also a number of popular software defined radio applications such as SDR-Radio, HDSDR, GQRX and GNU Radio.
For a more complete list of supported software, check the download page.
- Continuous 24 – 1800 MHz native RX range, down to DC with the SpyVerter option
- 3.5 dB NF between 42 and 1002 MHz
- Tracking RF filters
- 35dBm IIP3 RF front end
- 12bit ADC (80dB Dynamic Range, 64dB SNR, 10.4 ENOB)
- 10, 6 and 3 MSPS IQ output
- 0.5 ppm high precision, low phase noise clock
- Up to 6 MHz panoramic spectrum view
- IQ or Real, 16bit fixed or 32bit float output streams
- No IQ imbalance, DC offset or 1/F noise at the center of the spectrum that plagues all the other SDRs
- 4.5v software switchable Bias-Tee 100% Compatible with SpyVerter and High Performance LNA
- No drivers required! 100% Plug-and-play on Windows Vista, Seven, 8, 8.1 and 10, and all Linux Flavors
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Pine64 and UP boards
- Operating temperature: -10°C to 40°C
- VHF/UHF/SHF Radio Monitoring
- Real Time Spectrum Analyzer
- ADS-B, ATC receiver
- Radio Astronomy
- Satellite IF
- Telemetry Receiver
- Wide Band Scanner
- Ham Radio, etc.
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (For Windows XP, please contact Airspy Team)
- Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Pine64, UP
Minimum hardware requirements
- Core 2 Duo @ 2 GHz CPU or equivalent
- 2GB of RAM (to run your own OS, airspy barely needs 1MB of memory)
- High speed USB 2.0 controller
- Open source multi-platform libairspy and airspy host tools at github
- Open source airspy firmware at github
- Linux kernel SDR API (by Antti Palosaari) at github
Please click here to contact with Airspy Team, or go to Airspy forum to join the discussion.
|Dimensions||77 × 26 × 10 mm|
I own a Airspy HF+ Discovery and a Airspy R2 which are on a fixed installation, and bought this Mini just to be able to bring it with me when I am in vacation.
It is a very well working unit and go high quality, as I expected to be.
The Airspy mini works really well with the GQRX program, does all I expected it to, but agree with other comments that it does run very hot under certain circumstances.>>>
I have no hesitation in recommending the Airspy Mini. It works with many of the free SDR programs and offers good performance into the GHz range. You may need to calibrate the device yourself, and I would recommend a good GPS-locked source. I agree with the comment about needing a heatsink, and you may notice this especially when working above, say, 1.5 GHz or with higher sample rates on lower frequencies.
Very sensitive device, low noise floor, well worth buying.
It works fine as expected for my use.
Have been testing out the mini for a few weeks and it has exceeded my expectations.
Nice and small ,but very powerfull bit of kit..... highly recommended purchase.
I had been using Airspy HF+ Discovery and very satisfied with its performance. Mini is just as good except that I had to recalibrate the device by using airspycalibrate.exe.
AIRSPY Mini - очень хороший SDR с отличной технической характеристикой
very good SDR with excellent technical characteristics
AIRSPY Mini is a very good SDR with great technical caracteristics (ADC, SNR, bandwidth, TCXO, bias tee, filters...).
I noticed improved reception for weak signals. It works great with improved SDR source integration in SDR# Studio.
The dongle is very compact, and heat dissipation could be improved for this product with perhaps external heatsinks option, and/or internal thermal pad.
For myself, I used two small DIL-IC heatsinks ("ICK 36 B" reference + thin dual side adhesive ) for coherent design and efficient result.
I exaggerated with my first opinion,
The switch inside Airspy mini was in the
wrong position, now Airspy mini works OK,
I think short instruction should placed in a box with device.
Now I am so happy that my Airspy mini works ok.
Last weekend I tested my Airspy mini,
I got signal from weather satellite Meteor M2,
flying maximum 9,4 degrees above the horizon
and I got good pictures of Northern Atlantic
with Iceland, Faroe Islands and small piece of Greenland
3000km from my house.
In the future I would like to get high resolution pictures from weather
satellite and much more.
SONOFF ZBMINI Extreme Zigbee Smart Switch ZBMINIL2 (No Neutral Required)$13.99 Add to cart
SONOFF SNZB-02D Zigbee LCD Smart Temperature Humidity Sensor$12.99 Add to cart
SONOFF MINI Extreme Wi-Fi Smart Switch MINIR4$9.90 Add to cart
SONOFF TX Ultimate Smart Touch Wall Switch$24.90 – $29.90 Select options
SONOFF Zigbee Smart Curtain Motor$79.90 Add to cart
SONOFF Zigbee Wireless Switch | SNZB-01P$9.90 Add to cart