SONOFF SV Safe Voltage WiFi Wireless Switch Smart Home Module Support Secondary Development
$6.99 – $61.50
Free Standard Shipping on SONOFF Orders Over $89
- Remote ON/OFF–Turn electrical devices on/off from anywhere
- LAN Control –Turn on/off the device even when WiFi has no Internet access
- Low Power Supply–5-24V DC low voltage input
- App Support –Free iOS and Android mobile App eWeLink
- Sync Status–Real-time device status provided to App
- Timing–Set scheduled/countdown timers to turn on/off at specified time
- Share Control– Control your smart home together with your family
- Scene–Turn on/off a gang of devices with one tap
- Smart Scene–Triggered on/off by temp, hum or other environmental conditions from sensor
- Compatibility –Works perfectly with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, Google Nest
New device for makers who want to build their own smart home system.
SONOFF SV is a low voltage switch. The low voltage light switch supports 5-24V power supply. Power supply separation enables it to control both AC and DC power, although some welding is required for this purpose. It has GIPO reserved to support secondary development. This product does not have 433 RF function and shell.
SONOFF SV low voltage WiFi switch is an affordable device that provides customers with smart home control. The low voltage WiFi switch is a WiFi based wireless switch that can connect to a wide range of appliances. Sonoff SV low voltage remote switch transmits data to a cloud platform through the WiFi router, which enables customers to remotely control all the connected appliances, via the mobile application eWeLink. The cloud server of Sonoff SV is Amazon AWS global server.
SONOFF SV low voltage wireless remote switch makes all home appliances smart. As long as the mobile has network, customers can remotely control the appliances by turning them on off from anywhere at any time. Another feature available is to set timing schedules for the appliances, which can include countdown, scheduled on/off, and can thus, help customers maintain an easy life.
The mobile application eWeLink enables customers to control the appliances easily. The iOS version of the application can be downloaded in App Store while the Android version in Google Play.
- Remote control the connected device on app from anywhere
- Tracking real-time device status on app
- Supports max 8 enabled schedule/countdown timers
- Reserves GIPO to support secondary development
- Works with Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap
- Works with Google Home, Google Home Mini, Google Nest
- Works with IFTTT
- Power supply: 5~24V
- Weight: 15g
If you want to learn more about this product, please click this wiki link.
|Dimensions||65 × 34 × 12 mm|
Wi-Fi Smart Switch Module
1 PCS, 2 PCS, 4 PCS, 6 PCS, 10 PCS
I got a defective unit and support never answered my email
There are instructions on how to make the relay contacts "DRY" meaning voltage free - isolated from whatever Volts supply is feeding the input.
However, it involves removing 2 surface mount resistors (& shorting the +/- inout terminals and applying volts instead to a pair of pin headers.
A useful re-design of the board could include having header shunts or other method of configuring this option to make it less time consuming and less of an effort to cut or de-solder the SMD resistors involved. Then, it could be re-set to the default configuration in the future, when the DRY contact is no longer required. Basically you have a ONE WAY commitment to choosing Dry Contact once you have removed the resistors.
Otherwise, I have many on hand for many future projects. ALSO, I wish you had an RF version as you do for the Mains powered Sonoff RF module.
I’m using it to control my garage door. Just fit and forget it. Works like a charm
Used with tasmota as a garage door control.
A versatile device for a wide variety of purposes. It can be powered by a USB port, or any AC low voltage.
It would be better if the disconnection to operate in safe mode could be made/reverted by using jumpers instead of having to cut the resistors out
Overall this smart switch works well. But a couple issues make it less than perfect.
1) The power consumption is a lot worse than advertised. On the product webpage it boasts its standby power consumption to be less than 1mW. This would have been a great feature that I was looking for. I need to use it for a battery-powered device. Since the device uses 4 Alkaline size D batteries which outputs 6V DC, I hooked SV to the same power supply. To my surprise, when the SV switch is OFF, it draws around 70mA of current from the power! This is 420mW at least. Way, way, higher than the sub-1mW claim! When the switch turns on, the total current draw shoots up to 110mA-ish. This is understandable since there is a relay coil taking the power. At this rate, the batteries won't last very long until I have to replace them.
2) A minor issue for me was that the pairing process was not smooth. I was unable to pair it using my Android phone following the official instructions. Then I searched the internet and found a discussion thread on Reddit suggesting to put the phone in Flight mode and turn on WiFi only. This did the trick. Apparently the eWeLink Android app needs some improvement.
I have used 2 of them already. One to control my thermostat to act a switch when the boiler must be turned on
The other to send signal to close my gateway.
I like the fact that the input voltage is versatile and can adapt to what you have.
Happy with delivery fast
This is a great board for home automation DIY projects. I use this to monitor my garage door and remotely open or close it within my home automation.
SONOFF ZBMINI Extreme Zigbee Smart Switch ZBMINIL2 (No Neutral Required)$13.99 Add to cart
SONOFF SNZB-02D Zigbee LCD Smart Temperature Humidity Sensor$12.99 Add to cart
SONOFF MINI Extreme Wi-Fi Smart Switch MINIR4$9.90 Add to cart
SONOFF TX Ultimate Smart Touch Wall Switch$24.90 – $29.90 Select options
SONOFF Zigbee Smart Curtain Motor$79.90 Add to cart
SONOFF Zigbee Wireless Switch | SNZB-01P$9.90 Add to cart