MySensors Sensebender Micro is a compact Arduino compatible board that is stackable with the NRF24L01+ radio. The module is designed for battery powered operation using standard 1.5V batteries and includes built-in temperature and humidity sensing with hardware security.
The MySensors Sensebender Micro is a tiny Arduino compatible board stackable with a Nordic NRF24L01+ transceiver module. The Micro has been designed for extended battery life; e.g. it operates at 1Mhz without the need for power regulators for low power consumption. Even in its small form factor it's packed with great features such as temperature and humidity sensor, 64k extra flash memory and a hardware module for secure message signing and verification. Need more? Expand the functionality by attaching additional breakout sensors to the five digital GPIOs, two analog inputs or the I2C interface. The full documentation is available at http://www.mysensors.org/hardware/micro
MySensors.org is a community-driven Open Source project for the Do-It-Yourself Home Automation enthusiast. MySensors provides easy-to-follow hardware assembly instructions and ready-to-use source code examples that opens up a whole new world of custom made sensors and actuators. The project allows you to control your things and collect sensor data using your favorite home automation controller. The sensors automatically create a reliable mesh communication network using repeater nodes for extended range applications.
- Very small footprint, 30 mm x 17.5 mm (1.18in x 0.69 in). Making it almost same size as the NRF24 module.
- Arduino IDE 1.5.x & 1.6.x compatible.
- Si7021 integrated humidity / temperature sensor.
- 64kb SPI flash / e2prom onboard. Useful for over-the-air firmware updates. Also possible to use memory for a local sensor data cache.
- ATSHA204A on board (connected to A3). Used for SHA256 key exchange and verification.
- Runs directly off 2x1.5V batteries (AA or AAA), without power converters.
- Socket* for connecting the radio module on top.
- Pin-headers* for D3-D7 on one side, and SDA/SCL + A0/A1 and power on the other side.
- FTDI header similar to Arduino Pro Mini.
- Standard Atmel programming ISCP header.
- Pads for mounting a 32Khz crystal (when timing is crucial).
- Status LED (on A2).
*) You have to solder the radio socket, and pin-headers yourself
Note: The actual NRF24L01+ module is sold separately.
Due to the size great for portable equipment. When using the MySensors library, wireless connections are smooth and easy
The actual Sensebender itself was quite good. 1 star though because I started using their support forum and saw some child grooming by some probably quite mature men. Thought that was insanely inappropriate.
I’ve been using the mysensors.org libraries and guides to build my own sensors to incorporate into Home-Assistant for a while now. But I took the plunge and ordered a couple of these to test. I’m very impressed, just add a NRF24L01+ radio and some batteries and this automatically joined my mysensors.org network and appeared in Home-Assistant. It was pre-flashed and reports temperature, humidity and battery level out of the box. Plus it is tiny, much smaller than the sensors I’ve made myself with Arduino Pro mini’s. Will definitely by buying again.
SONOFF ZBMINI Extreme Zigbee Smart Switch ZBMINIL2 (No Neutral Required)$13.99 Add to cart
SONOFF MINI Extreme Wi-Fi Smart Switch (Matter-enabled)$12.90 Add to cart
SONOFF Zigbee Temperature and Humidity Sensor | SNZB-02P$10.90 Add to cart
SONOFF Zigbee Wireless Switch | SNZB-01P$9.90 Add to cart
SONOFF Zigbee Thermostatic Radiator Valve$26.90 Add to cart