ESP-01: ESP8266 Serial Wifi Wireless Transceiver Networking Module For Arduino
ESP8266 offers a complete and self-contained Wi-Fi networking solution, allowing it to either host the application or to offload all Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor. Perfect and simple AT commands.
Attention: we've offered several demos for ESP8266, please visit its github to download
ESP8266 offers a complete and self-contained Wi-Fi networking solution, allowing it to either host the application or to offload all Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor.
When ESP8266 hosts the application, and when it is the only application processor in the device, it is able to boot up directly from an external flash. It has integrated cache to improve the performance of the system in such applications, and to minimize the memory requirements.
Alternately, serving as a Wi-Fi adapter, wireless internet access can be added to any microcontroller-based design with simple connectivity through UART interface or the CPU AHB bridge interface.
ESP8266 on-board processing and storage capabilities allow it to be integrated with the sensors and other application specific devices through its GPIOs with minimal development up-front and minimal loading during runtime. With its high degree of on-chip integration, which includes the antenna switch balun, power management converters, it requires minimal external circuitry, and the entire solution, including front-end module, is designed to occupy minimal PCB area.
Sophisticated system-level features include fast sleep/wake context switching for energy-efficient VoIP, adaptive radio biasing for low-power operation, advance signal processing, and spur cancellation and radio co-existence features for common cellular, Bluetooth, DDR, LVDS, LCD interference mitigation.
- These modules include 1MB (8Mbit) of flash memory, twice the size of the older blue colored ESP-01 module
- The ESP8266 Serial/UART to WiFi module is a great way to connect your Arduino or other microcontroller projects to a WiFi network
- Create your next internet of things (IOT) project with affordable network connectivity by implementing this module into your design
- The module has the ability to run independent of a host controller
- The eight pin header includes two GPIO pins that allow for direct connection of the module to sensors, peripherals, or host controller
- 802.11 b/g/n protocol
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLL, regulators, and power management units
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Supports antenna diversity
- Power down leakage current of < 10uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as application processor
- SDIO 2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4s guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
The following current consumption is based on 3.3V supply, and 25℃ ambient, using internal regulators. Measurements are done at antenna port without SAW filter. All the transmitter’s measurements are based on 90% duty cycle, continuous transmit mode.
|Transmit 802.11b, CCK 1Mbps, POUT=+19.5dBm||215||mA|
|Transmit 802.11b, CCK 11Mbps, POUT=+18.5dBm||197||mA|
|Transmit 802.11g, OFDM 54Mbps, POUT =+16dBm||145||mA|
|Transmit 802.11n, MCS7, POUT=+14dBm||135||mA|
|Receive 802.11b, packet length=1024 byte, -80dBm||60||mA|
|Receive 802.11g, packet length=1024 byte, -70dBm||60||mA|
|Receive 802.11n, packet length=1024 byte, -65dBm||62||mA|
|Power save mode DTIM 1||1.2||mA|
|Power save mode DTIM 3||0.86||mA|
The following are measured under room temperature conditions with 3.3V and 1.1V power supplies.
|Output power of PA for 72.2Mbps||14||15||16||dBm|
|Output power of PA for 11b mode||17.5||18.5||19.5||dBm|
|6Mbps (1/2 BPSK)||-93||dBm|
|54Mbps (3/4 64-QAM)||-75||dBm|
|HT20, MCS7 (65Mbps, 72.2Mbps)||-71||dBm|
Please visit our wiki page for more info about this product. It will be appreciated if you can help us improve the documents by correcting the errors, adding more demo codes or tutorials.
We will release an Arduino Library for this module in Oct 2014, after we come back from national holiday.
|Dimensions||24.9 × 13.9 × 1.09 mm|
SONOFF RE5V1C – 5V wifi inching/selflock relay moduleAdd to cart
SONOFF MINIR2 – Two Way Smart Switch (MINI Upgrade)Add to cart
SONOFF DUALR3 Dual Relay Two Way Power Metering Smart Switch$13.98 Add to cart
NX8048T070 – Nextion 7.0” Basic Series HMI Touch Display$89.90 Add to cart
SONOFF TX Series WiFi Wall Switches UK EU US$13.49 – $21.49 Select options
Airspy SpyVerter R2$49.00 Add to cart