Airspy R2 sets a new level of performance in the reception of the VHF and UHF bands thanks to its low-IF architecture, high quality ADC and state of the art DSP.
The coverage can be extended to the HF bands via the SpyVerter up-converter companion.
The Airspy R2, like its predecessor is 100% compatible with all the existing software including the de facto scanning standard SDR#, but also a number of popular software defined radio applications such as SDR-Radio, HDSDR, GQRX and GNU Radio.
For a more complete list of supported software, check the download page.
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (For Windows XP, please contact the airspy team)
- Continuous 24 – 1800 MHz native RX range, down to DC with the SpyVerter option
- 3.5 dB NF between 42 and 1002 MHz
- Tracking RF filters
- 35dBm IIP3 RF front end
- 12bit ADC @ 20 MSPS (10.4 ENOB, 70dB SNR, 95dB SFDR)
- 10MSPS IQ output
- Experimental 2.5MSPS IQ output for low power devices (Raspberry Pi, Odroid, etc.)
- Up to 80 MSPS when using custom firmware
- Cortex M4F @ up to 204MHz with Multi Core support (dual M0)
- 0.5 ppm high precision, low phase noise clock
- 1 RTC clock (for packet time-stamping)
- External clock input (10 MHz to 100 MHz via MCX connector) – Ideal for phase coherent radios
- 10 MHz panoramic spectrum view with up to 9MHz alias/image free
- IQ or Real, 16bit fixed or 32bit float output streams
- No IQ imbalance, DC offset or 1/F noise at the center of the spectrum that plagues all the other SDRs
- Extension ports: 16 x SGPIO
- 1 x RF Input (SMA connector, up to 30kV ESD protection)
- 1 x RF Output (Loopthrough, U-FL, 15kV ESD protection)
- 2 x High Speed ADC inputs (up to 80 MSPS, U-FL, DC coupled, 15kV ESD protection)
- 4.5v software switched Bias-Tee to power LNA’s and up/down-converters
- 8 x programmable high speed gpio’s up to 100MHz
- 3 x programmable synchronized clock outputs up to 160MHz
- 1 x core CPU clock output
- 1 x reset pin
- 2 x regulated +5.0 and +3.3v pins
- 1 x JTAG header
- No drivers required! 100% Plug-and-play on Windows Vista, Seven, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Operating temperature: -10°C to 40°C
Minimum hardware requirements
- 3rd gen Intel i3 2.4 GHz CPU or equivalent
- 2GB of RAM (to run your own OS, airspy barely needs 1MB of memory)
- High speed USB 2.0 controller
- Check the download page
- Open source multi-platform libairspy and airspy host tools at github
- Open source airspy firmware at github
- Linux kernel SDR API (by Antti Palosaari) at github
Pin and Port Assignments
AirSpy NOS R2 Pin Assignment
- Airspy R2 *1
- Micro USB*1
|Dimensions||64 × 35 × 29 mm|
Played around with 2 sdr's for luse on NSW GRN in Australia as the frequency spread is from 413 to 422mhz. This covers the spectrum very good. I also have Hackrf but it is as deaf as my wife.
Superb quality and excellent price. Delivery was fast and without problems.
It is versatile, reliable and worked straight out of the box. Its an incredible piece of technology!
Excellent service and prompt delivery - very pleased
When i started out with my radio hobby a simple tuned radio frequency receiver in a match box was a huge achievement. Often the problem was getting batteries of the right voltage. So 70 years on we have a "matchbox" that tune the entire radio spectrum and give a visual display as well. Fantastic and an improvement on my SDR V3.
Works well. I'm impressed. Will we see higher frequencies in the future?
Best USB sdr receiver ever.
Единственный недостаток, больше месяца шел в Украину.
Airspy R2 works well, I tested it in the CB band with an ML145 antenna, in the VHF, UHF radio amateur bands with a Diamond X-30 antenna, in AirBand and ADS-B 1090. Everything is fine. The location does not allow me to test other bands with SpyVerter, but I am convinced that it works.
Had the Airspy mini, and I have got the Airspy HF Discovery. So decided to order the R2, it arrived to my door in the UK in six days, very impressed.
managed gingerly to press the USB Micro into place, but it only seats 2 thirds of the way in... it does not seat right to the stop. so beware.. my friend has had 2 fail on first connection putting the USB in.it pushed the plug off the board. I do wish they would change them to USB C, or standard USB.
I use mine for UHF military searching, and I am very impressed with it..
I am very pleased with all three Airspy products. I look forward to future products.
Have been using it for satellite data only at the moment .When i have more time i would like to try out other frequencies on the aviation band.
The Airspy R2 is a great product.
Excellent build quality,better bandwidth,excellent all rounder .
Had no issues with the micro usb.
The R2 has been on 24/7 since i received it and going well.
SONOFF ZBMINI Extreme Zigbee Smart Switch ZBMINIL2 (No Neutral Required)$13.99 Add to cart
SONOFF MINI Extreme Wi-Fi Smart Switch (Matter-enabled)$12.90 Add to cart
SONOFF Zigbee Temperature and Humidity Sensor | SNZB-02P$10.90 Add to cart
SONOFF Zigbee Wireless Switch | SNZB-01P$9.90 Add to cart
SONOFF Zigbee Thermostatic Radiator Valve$26.90 Add to cart